Mission, Vision, Values of the LSI Program
Equipping leaders. Empowering Passions. Eternal Significance.
What we do
LSI equips and enables students to be leaders — people who live with intentionality and purpose, both at JBU, and in the years that follow. Our goal is to impact the Kingdom by helping students understand their God-given strengths and passions and apply practical leadership skills to make a difference in their world.
Who we are
LSI is four-year program — the combined curricular and co-curricular program is specifically designed to be developmental, innovative, challenging and rewarding. We are a community of leader scholars committed to learning together and to creating positive change.
DISCOVER // year one
Explore and present new concepts of leadership on your own.
Identify your strengths, personality and style as applied to leadership.
Build community and relationships.
- The Ascent introduction to program, team challenges
- LSI First Year Retreat independent projects, class bonding & unity
- Creating change Project: explore personal strengths and style, work with a tea
DEVELOP // year two
Sharpen your leadership skills by active engagement in LDR 2563:Leadership Competencies / fall
Develop a personal mission statement and explore its transforming application.
- The Summit developing personal vision
- Leadership Competencies Course taught by Rod Reed, University Chaplain
- Mission Possible
DO // year three
Create, implement and evaluate a self-directed leadership project through LDR 3651-3: LSI Capstone Practicum / fall or spring
Apply your leadership in the community
- LDR 3651-3 LSI Capstone Practicum
- Doing and Connecting series
DEPLOY // year four
Prepare for a lifetime of leadership beyond JBU
Cultivate your concept of personal legacy
- The Last Lecture
- ExtraOrdinary Leadership
- Greystone Legacy Finale