Early Credit Options
JBU’s Link Year Program is an integrated discipleship and educational opportunity for high school graduates whose lives lack a clear sense of direction. Link Year is designed as a holistic process that addresses their need to better understand themselves, others and, most importantly, God’s purpose for their lives, before deciding if a college education is their best choice. Centered around a mentor-based, active-learning, service-oriented curriculum, students can earn up to 23 hours of transferable credit during their Link Year.
- Courses are designed in conjunction with JBU faculty to ensure academic rigor.
- Cost varies depending on host location, but includes ½ of JBU’s full-time tuition, the program fees charged by the host organization, and any other travel expenses.
- Students must be admitted to JBU as a traditional undergraduate in order to be eligible for college credit.
- Financial aid can be applied toward the cost of the JBU courses.
Course Offerings Include:
US History since 1865
Wellness for Life
A Cross-cultural Study Abroad Experience
- A variety of online courses are available too!
In order to participate in JBU's Link Year Program, you must apply through Kanakuk first. Once a student applies to and has been accepted by Kanakuk, they can fill out the separate JBU application, found here.
Kanakuk Link Year is a gap year program with college credit, individualized mentoring, focused discovery of spiritual gifts and identity, Spiritual growth and Biblical training for college and encouragement toward world and community impact. Check out our website for more information.
Interested in starting a link year program at your organization? Click Here.