Transfer of Credit
Credit which has been earned at another institution will be reviewed by the Registrar and the appropriate division faculty. Each course accepted for transfer must have a minimum grade of 'C'. All work completed at previous institutions will be posted as 'CR' on the student's JBU transcript. Thus, only JBU course work will apply toward the student's GPA.
- Credit will be accepted from institutions which are regionally accredited.
- Bible credit earned with institutions accredited through the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE) will be accepted. Other credit will not be accepted.
- Credits earned prior to five years before the date of application may not be accepted.
For more information, see the Transfer Course & Course Equivalency Policy.
Fulfillment of the residence requirements for a bachelor's degree from JBU consists of the following:
- Completion after achievement of junior standing of at least two full-time semesters in residence.
- Completion by means of courses taken in residence of at least 39 of the final 45 semester hours of credit presented in fulfillment of degree requirements.
- Completion in residence of at least two junior-senior level courses constituting four or more credit hours in the major field.
Residence requirements may be modified to accommodate students in Pre-Health Professions programs.