National Honor Society for Religious Studies and Theology
Alpha Kappa is the only national honor society serving the needs of those involved in the study of religion and/or theology at both the baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate levels of higher education. The society's purpose is to:
- To encourage excellence in the study of religion or theology at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To recognize excellence in scholarly and academic achievements.
- To help foster and maintain excellence in the professional academic study of religion and theology.
- To help local chapters in their efforts to fulfill these purposes.
Benefits of Membership
Students who join Theta Alpha Kappa can expect several benefits:
- Recognition as distinguished scholars and members of a society that is rapidly growing in numbers and prestige.
- A recognition pin and a membership certificate.
- Compete for Theta Alpha Kappa scholarships and fellowships.
- Subscription to The Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa.
- Present scholarly work at regional or national conventions.
- Receive special recognition at graduation, such as wearing honor cords or stoles.