Elective Course Policies
- Refer to the list of courses to determine the academic area to which the elective course you're interested in applies (humanities, biblical studies, etc.). All courses that do not duplicate prior credit can be used as elective credit. If you have concerns that a course may duplicate credit you have already earned, contact the associate registrar.
- Check the dates, times, locations, and mark your calendar!
- Complete a registration form and send it with payment to the JBU Center nearest you prior to the deadline. Registrations received after the deadline will be assessed a $50 late fee and may result in a late textbook.
The attendance policy for elective courses is the same as the policy for other Degree Completion Program courses. If you miss two weeks of
a five-week course, or four weeks of a ten-week course, you will receive a grade of "F" or "W" (withdrawal).
Textbooks/Material/Class Activity Fees
You are responsible for purchasing the textbook(s) for the elective course. To order the textbook(s) from JBU, call the bookstore at (479) 524-7195, or go to their website.The textbook fee and other material and/or class activity fee is NOT included in tuition. You will pay for the textbook(s) separately when you order.
To assure that you have textbook(s) in time for class, you should order at least two weeks prior to the beginning of class. Most courses
have a reading and/or assignment due at the first class session.
Your course syllabus will either be posted to Blackboard or mailed to you by the office manager before the start of class. Please contact
the site office manager and she will provide the necessary information for your course(s).
Withdrawal from an Elective Module
If you decide not to take a module after registering for it, you must notify the Center you are attending immediately to get a full or partial refund.
- 100% Refund: Before the first day of class
- 75% Refund: After the first class
- 50% Refund: After the second class
After the third class, you will not receive any refund. If you withdraw before the third week of class, you will receive a "W" on your transcript; or if you choose not to attend the class without withdrawing after the third week, you will receive an "F."