Degree Completion Programs
Whether you’ve already landed your dream job or are hoping to advance in your career, earning your Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management will set you apart in the job market. With an OM degree from JBU, you’ll be equipped with the key skills that so many employers seek when hiring managers: critical thinking, effective communication and rational decision-making.
Our faculty hold degrees from some of the world's best universities. But they don't just teach from theories and textbooks – they teach you how to do the things they're doing in the real world. They're working in Fortune 500 companies by day, and bringing their practical knowledge to our students in the classroom at night.
5 Things to Know About OM:
- Classes are held one night a week, from 6-10 pm, in Fort Smith, Little Rock and Rogers.
- As an OM student, you'll take one class at a time. Most courses last five weeks.
- You'll progress through the program with the same group of students – called a cohort.
- Cohort enrollments are less than 25 students per group, ensuring personal attention from faculty and collaboration among your classmates.
- Classes are accelerated so that you can finish your degree in about 20 months.
4 Reasons to Study Organizational Management at JBU:
- Graduation rate – About 70% of the students who enroll in the OM program complete their degree within four years. That’s one of the highest graduation rates in the country.
- Qualified and diverse faculty – Our faculty have the academic credentials to ensure a great business education, but they also have practical experience in using real-world skills like critical analysis and reasoning, diversity and creating value for organizations.
- Relevant curriculum – Our program was recently redesigned in collaboration with hiring managers to ensure that the courses prepare you for today’s workplace. OM is more than just traditional accounting and economics; it’s helping you master the skills necessary to lead your organization in a global economy.
- Know when you’ll finish before you begin – When you meet with your admissions counselor, he/she can tell you every night you’ll have class until the date you graduate from JBU. And we guarantee that classes will be offered when you need them to help you finish faster. Check out our class schedules!
3 Admission Requirements:
- Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of transferable college credit
- Minimum age of 23 with at least two years of relevant work experience
- GPA of 2.0 (4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work
Candidates who meet some but not all of these requirements may appeal for admission consideration. (Please visit with your admissions counselor for further information.)
In order to be considered for admission into the OM degree completion program, you must submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Transcript(s) from all universities previously enrolled (even if you did not receive credit)
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella*
* New students who were born on or after January 1, 1957, regardless of the number of hours enrolled, are required by Arkansas law to furnish proof of immunity against measles, mumps, and rubella. MMR vaccination may be confirmed by an immunization record from a doctor's office, health department, or school records. For more information, please contact your admissions counselor.
Did you know?
JBU has awarded a degree in Organizational Management since 1993. There are more than 4,000 program alumni making a difference throughout the world.