Building Use Guidelines
John Brown University facilities have been built to house the educational program of the University and to advance its mission. Therefore, the class schedule and all other university events will have first priority in allocating the use of the facilities. However, as a service to the community of Siloam Springs, when facilities are available, they may be rented as follows:
- To religious organizations in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the University.
- To civic and community organizations whose purposes are not in conflict with the Christian ideals or lifestyle standards of the JBU community.
- To area businesses or industries whose products or services are not in conflict with the Christian ideals or lifestyle standards of the JBU community.
- To individuals planning events that are not in conflict with the Christian ideals or lifestyle standards of the JBU community .
Whenever the University does rent facilities to outside organizations or individuals, the following rules will apply:
- No smoking is allowed on the JBU campus nor may any intoxicating beverage or illegal drug be brought on campus or used in any university facility.
- Social dancing is not permitted.
- The renter of the facilities will assure that the attendees of the event are aware of the applicable standards and rules, and will enforce them.
- Promotional material issued by any group using university facilities must contain the disclaimer “This is not an official function of John Brown University.” A copy of all advertisements, programs, and materials must be sent to the Office of University Events for review and approval.
Please contact the Office of University Events with any questions regarding the policies listed above. The University reserves the right to rent or not to rent its facilities for any reason or no reason, and the University may adopt changes in the above policies at any time.