Federal Stafford Student Loan
- Deferred while the student is in school
- Fixed Interest Rate of 6.8% for Undergraduate Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans and Graduate Unsubsidized loans.
- Subsidized (interest paid by the government while the student is in school) or Unsubsidized (interest accruing while the student is in school) eligibility is determined by the FAFSA calculation.
- Fees are 1% of the principal loan amount
- Repayment - when the student graduates or drops below half-time status, they have a six-month "grace period" before starting repayment
There are two online forms you must fill out to complete the paperwork for the Federal Stafford Loans: Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note.