Dr. Jesse L. and Edra V. Miller Endowed Scholarship
Donors: Ken and Evelyn Miller
Jesse Jr. and Carol Miller
This scholarship was created in honor of Dr. Jesse L. and Edra V. Miller. Dr. Miller, a JBU graduate, managed the construction and later operation of 5 radio stations from 1930 to 1934. Between 1934 and 1941 Dr. Miller supervised the design, construction and operation of station KUOA, the first radio station at John Brown University. During this period he was also an instructor and head of the radio school at JBU. In 1941, he joined the Navy and achieved the rank of Captain. He is listed in the “American Men of Science,” circa 1960.