J. Alvin Story Submission
Terms and Conditions of Use
1. By clicking the "Submit" button on the “Submit Your Story” submission form you agree that your submission, including text, and digital images, is original to you; that you hold all necessary rights to this work or have permission from the copyright holder, or the work is in the public domain; and that the submission does not defame or otherwise violate the rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity, privacy, or reputation of any third party.
You hereby grant to John Brown University and John Brown University hereby accepts a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and present such information in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised.
You understand that submitting content does not guarantee that your work will be published on or in any of John Brown University’s media platforms. The decision of how and which submissions received through the John Brown University website will be used will be at the sole discretion of John Brown University.
John Brown University may, without notice to you, refuse submissions for any reason or no reason, including those submissions that violate the Terms and Conditions of Use, are irrelevant or inappropriate, or represent us in a negative way or in any manner not consistent with John Brown University’s brand and/or reputation, as determined by John Brown University’s sole discretion. John Brown University shall have absolutely no obligation to give feedback or reasoning for why a submission is not posted on this site.
2. Without limiting the Terms and Conditions of Use, you should particularly observe the following when making a submission:
- Submissions of stories may be edited for any reason, including, grammar, spelling, and irrelevant or inappropriate content. John Brown University shall have the sole right to edit, reject, or remove a submission from this site at any time.
- Submissions cannot be or contain any content that is or may be perceived as violent, immoral, offensive, hateful, defamatory, illegal, pornographic, obscene, or similarly inappropriate. Submissions cannot contain, include, or encourage images or activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property, and photographs cannot suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe, or unduly risky activity, as may be determined in John Brown University’s sole and absolute discretion.
3. Use and restrictions in protecting your personal information:
We ask you to provide your name and email address when you submit your story. Please note, your first name, how you choose to provide it, will be displayed on John Brown University’s website. In addition, your first name may be displayed in connection with any use of your submission by John Brown University. When submitting your name, you are advised to use a name that you want the public to see. Email addresses, phone numbers and mailing addresses will only be used for administrative purposes by John Brown University. Your contact information will not be shared or sold to a third party.
We also may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website, or (c) protect the personal safety or property of website users, the public, or John Brown Universities and its employees.