John Brown University's offers an MBA degree with three different emphases as well as two other business-related Master of Science degrees. Designed with the working professional in mind, graduate business courses are available in various formats and generally meet one night per week or online. Whether you choose the Master of Business Administration degree or one of the Master of Science degrees, you will benefit from the distinctive features available at JBU for working professionals.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Global perspectives
- Emphasis on ethical leadership based on biblical principles
- Experiential learning through hands-on training
- Study abroad opportunities
- Evening and summer classes, one night per week
- Seminar style classrooms
- Onground and online courses
Premises of the Graduate Business Programs
The graduate business programs are based on the following premises:
- People learn best by experience.
- Methods of experiential learning, including personal reflection, small group interaction, student/teacher interaction, structure exercises, and supervised field work are used throughout coursework.
- Students work together to become a community of intellectuals and practitioners where they can practice and reinforce the leadership principles being taught.
- Faculty and students should model ethical leadership in their professional lives.
Business Program Options
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA program provides excellent business training through the application of strategic business concepts, basic biblical principles and ethical decision making to current organizational and industry issues.
MBA emphases include:
- MBA, Leadership and Ethics
- MBA, Leadership and Ethics (Kanakuk Track)
- MBA, International Business
- MBA, Global Continuous Improvement (Wal-Mart associates only)
Master of Science (MS)
The MS degrees will equip you to lead with excellence using biblically-based models. Among many other things, you will gain an understanding of how organizations work, how to provide leadership, and how to implement ethical practices.
MS degrees include:
The graduate business programs are housed in JBU's College of Business along with other business programs for traditional undergraduate and the degree completion students.
Graduate business classes are offered online and onground at the JBU Rogers and Fort Smith Centers as well as at the Sam M. Walton Development Center (Wal-Mart Associates only). Beginning Fall 2013, classes will also be offered at JBU's new Little Rock Center.
Onground classes meet in the evenings from 6:00 to 10:00 just one night per week for eight weeks.
At JBU, we realize that it can be difficult to juggle career, family, school and other activities; therefore, we offer all graduate business programs online with the exception of 3-6 hours of residency requirements. The residency requirements can be accomplished through excellent options such as an international studies trip, access to professional academic seminars or the opportunity to take one of the courses in an actual classroom setting.
John Brown University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 312.263.0456). In addition, all business degree programs of the College of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, (www.acbsp.org, (913) 339-9356).