John Brown University's College of Education offers a Master of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction as well as a Master of Arts in Education degree in Secondary Education. The Graduate Education degree programs further JBU's mission to prepare teachers who are skilled professionals and reflective decision makers and who exhibit Christlike characteristics in the workplace and at home.
JBU's Graduate Education programs prepare you to serve in a variety of teacher roles, including Instructional Specialist, Curriculum Specialist, Classroom Supporter, Classroom Teacher, Learning Facilitator, School Leader and Mentor.
- Christian values-based learning
- Academically and professionally qualified faculty
- Interactive learning environment
- Course designs that include F2F and hybrid coursework
- Authentic action research opportunities with public school partners
- Evening and summer classes
Graduate Education Programs
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher as Leader
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction, TESOL (with ESL endorsement)
- MAT in Secondary Education, Standard Licensure (grades 7-12)
Graduate education courses are offered at the JBU Rogers Center.
Most education classes are offered late afternoon and early evening and follow the semester schedule format. Summer classes are also offered.
The College of Education at John Brown University is approved by the Arkansas State Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.