Preventing and Treating Illness
The Director of Health Services is available to see students and to help them evaluate their needs.
It is not our intention to replace your primary physician, but to serve as a substitute at times when college life may be "hazardous to your health." We want to help you understand some of those hazards, how to prevent them, and when necessary to treat and care for the resulting illness on your own.
- Non-prescription medicine is available through the office, and a referral to a physician can be arranged when necessary
- Doctor's referrals can be arranged when indicated
- Advice for international travel is available through the nurse
- Humidifiers, crutches, heating pads and other equipment are available to borrow
- Changing of dressings and removal of stitches by the director can be arranged with the attending physician's consent
Information concerning your visits to health services is not released to anyone without your permission with the exception of conditions that must by law be reported to the Public Health Department. Feel free to ask the Director of Health Services if you have any concerns about the matter.