Admissions Specialist - Rogers Center
The Admissions Specialist reports to the Director of Admissions for Graduate & Degree Completion Programs at John Brown University. The priorities for this position include assisting with a variety of administrative tasks to assist in the achievement of annual enrollment goals for the adult programs offered by John Brown University in multiple locations, including Rogers, Bentonville, Fort Smith, Little Rock, Harrison, and online.
This position serves as an in-office admissions contact at the Rogers Center. The individual will be able to field inquiry calls and e-mails for graduate and degree completion programs in Business, Counseling, Education and Visual Arts. The Admissions Specialist provides superior service to all prospective students, assisting them in completing the admissions process. The Admissions Specialist continues the communications flow and assists other Rogers Center personnel as needed.
This position is housed at the JBU Rogers Center and is a full-time position. Expected work schedule is five days a week, 9am – 6:00pm.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students; servant attitude
- Professional in appearance and demeanor at all times
- Good organizer, trustworthy with confidential information; loyal; team player; able to set priorities and make responsible decisions
- Ability to work flexible schedule; some evenings and occasional weekend work may be needed
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desire to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work-related responsibilities
- Enters student information into the GoldMine database, sets up files for prospects, files all documents in applicant files, and enters supporting information into prospective students’ paper and digital files
- Provides Degree Audit and transcript support for all programs; Requires knowledge of the JBU transfer guidelines related to each program offered by JBU
- Participates in the final review in the admissions and acceptance process; Coordinates with lead team members on the final preliminary review of admission documents and initiates process to transfer files to the appropriate director
- Assists the Admissions Counselors in all enrollment services from the initial inquiry to completed application
- Reconciles monthly receipts and expenditures for in-office admissions staff
- Coordinates recruitment vehicle reservation and regular maintenance
- Answers and handles office telephone calls professionally
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in a professional office setting and working with the public required
- A working knowledge of PC applications with computer software experience in Windows, specifically Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel needed
- Proficient in personal computer word processing with experience with mail merge, creating and using forms
- Team player
- Proficient in spreadsheet and database applications
- Task oriented, with ability to move multiple tasks forward while managing potential interruptions
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or significant related work experience required
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761