Graduate Education Representative
The Graduate Education Recruiter / Representative is responsible for new student recruiting processes and efforts and potential market exploration and development. This individual will work in conjunction with the College of Education and The Graduate School to accomplish student enrollment goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethic; very goal oriented
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions with confidence
- Professional in appearance and demeanor at all times; trustworthy with confidential information
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desire and ability to be a role model to students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and work related responsibilities
- Student recruiting for all JBU Graduate Education programs.
- Achieve and exceed individual enrollment goals within the department of graduate Education.
- Establish and maintain relationships with prospective students
- Direct applicants as appropriate through Graduate School Program options and the overall admissions process
- Assist in the development, direction, and implementation of the department’s admissions activities to accomplish enrollment goals and objectives
- Coordinate recruiting efforts and process improvements with all Graduate School recruiting representatives.
- Maintain and deliver timely, relevant, and accurate reports relating to recruiting efforts
- Market exploration and development
- Oversee the enrollment and recruitment processes for all locations and online.
- Network with school personnel and faculty throughout the NW Corridor and in Fort Smith as well as related JBU undergraduate programs to enhance visibility of the M.Ed. degree.
- Gain familiarity with the State of Arkansas Department of Education website including acquiring a basic knowledge of licensure procedures and Praxis exam requirements.
- Maintain and deliver timely, relevant, and accurate reports relating to market development efforts
- This person works under the general supervision of the Associate Dean of the College of Education in coordination with the Dean of the Graduate School
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in admissions, marketing or sales preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software required; experience with contact management systems helpful
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Reporting to this position
- No direct report.
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761