Marketing Director - Soderquist Center
Responsible for developing, executing, and managing internal and external marketing efforts that promote the Center’s brand, programs, sales, and product development.
- Ability to generate good will and represent the Center with internal and external “customers”; honest; servant–leader attitude.
- Commitment to excellence and personal growth spiritually and professionally.
- Demonstrates confidence, poise and professionalism and must be an independent communicator of Center’s goals and mission, as well as relaying thoughts and view of the leadership team and Founding Executive.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with the strategic leadership team to create and support initiatives to achieve the Center’s mission and vision.
- Develops, executes, and oversees the implementation of Marketing Strategy (including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR). Monitors performance of marketing initiatives and adjusts plans accordingly,
- Conducts market research (focus groups, surveys, competitive analysis) and identifies areas of focus
- Develops effective communications messaging across multiple-channels to create market awareness of our programs and brand to attract and develop customer relationships.
- Creates a system of reports / communications from the marketing team to the sales team. Frequently asks for feedback from the sales and marketing team.
- Develops alliance relationships with key suppliers in marketing and communication areas.
- Manages and has accountability for annual marketing budget and team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Twelve or more years of marketing/communications experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in design and execution of marketing activities with an orientation to results.
- Developed skill in critical and strategic thinking/decision-making.
- Strong creative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experienced business acumen to understand customers’ needs and connection to Center programming.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong creative skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and allocate resources/time accordingly.
- Ability to build strong relationships with team members, business leaders, and external suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
Reporting to this position
- Communications Manager, Web/Graphics Designer, Soderquist Fellow(s), under-graduate intern(s).
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761