Student Accounts Representative- Degree Completion & Graduate Studies
The full-time position of Degree Completion & Graduate Studies Student Account Representatives is the front-line contact and financial account assistance for current Grad & DC students and former students. Incumbent cross-trains within the Traditional Undergraduate Program. Additionally, the DC/Grad Student Account Representative performs various financial account and departmental tasks to ensure proper billing of revenue and collections of accounts receivable.
- Servant attitude demonstrated by strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, and students
- Organized planner capable of self-directing, meeting established task due dates, monitoring priorities, and self-evaluating-demonstrating wise stewardship of resources
- Conflict resolution skills including confident, patient, listening skills and discernment
- Ability to review, understand, and evaluate details
- Effective communicator who conveys appropriate content and tone while maintaining confidentiality and regulatory compliance.
- Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan of the University:
- Desire to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal examples and in work-related responsibilities—helping them develop their intellectual, spiritual, & professional lives
- Perform regular, methodical collection activities according to JBU collections policy and systems.
- Provide daily frontline assistance to students, parents, and other stakeholders on all student financial account concerns
- Communicate with stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with JBU needs, JBU standards, and regulatory mandates.
- Manage mass communications tasks based on the yearly approved plan for DC/Grad.
- Perform various account entries and routine system processes such as term sponsorships, miscellaneous invoices, and deposit refund requests into Colleague
- Regularly format and distribute various Excel and other reports
- Review/approval routing transcript requests
- Provide support and backup for Undergraduate Student Accounts Representative
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Experience
- Effective business communication skills using various media (email, newsletters, phone, banner ads, etc.)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of collections processes and financial customer service
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business preferred.
Reporting to this position
- No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Information describing the university is available on-line.
Please complete the application then email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete materials will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the university.
Office of Human Resources
John Brown University
2000 West University Street
Siloam Springs, AR 72761