Latin American Studies
Study Latin American culture and language in Costa Rica
Travel to Costa Rica and choose from four academic concentrations:
- Latin American Studies
- Advanced Language and Literature
- International Business: Management Marketing
- Tropical Science & Global Sustainability.
You'll live with a Costa Rican family to get completely immersed in the language, culture, politics, history, economics, ecology and religion of the region. For more information, check out Bestsemester: Latin American Studies.
Each student is placed with a family that lives in or near San José. The families who are chosen to "adopt" one LASP student each semester come from a cross-section of the Costa Rican Christian community. During the travel components of the program, students either stay with families, or in hostels, hotels or dormitories, depending on location.
|Latin American History & Contemporary Issues||3|
|Regional Study Travel||1-3|
One of the following concentrations:
|LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES||CREDITS|
|Responses to Third World Reality||3|
|ADVANCED LANGUAGE & LITERATURE||CREDITS|
|Language & Literature Seminar||3|
|INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (Fall only)||CREDITS|
|ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (Spring only)||CREDITS|
|Environmental Science Seminar||4|
|Field Research Practicum||2|
How to Apply:
1. Read the JBU International Travel Policy, which lists the forms and documentation needed to study abroad and provides a general overview of payment methods.
2. Select your program and complete the application found on this page of the CCCU BestSemester website. Please note the deadlines.
3. Notify the International Office of your intent to participate by contacting Mindi Stevenson at email@example.com by October 1st (spring semester deadline) or February 1st (fall semester deadline).
For More Information, contact:
Melissa Dea Stevenson
International Education Coordinator
John Brown University