Lithuania Christian College
Lithuania Christian College (LCC) is a nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts institution in the city of Klaipéda, Lithuania. Established in 1991 by a joint venture of Lithuanian, Canadian, and American foundations, LCC has distinguished itself in the region by offering a unique, future-oriented style of education and an interactive academic environment within the context of a Christian academic community.
Study abroad students select 15 to 17 credit hours from courses in Business Administration, English Language and Literature, Psychology and Theology. Students share a room with three European roommates and receive a monthly stipend for food and entertainment. The LCC study abroad program also includes an orientation week, travel throughout Lithuania, weekend trip to Riga and Tallinn, and a one-week semester break trip to St. Petersburg and Moscow. For more information, check out the Lithuania Christian College website.
Requirements: 2.5 GPA and sophomore standing or higher
Cost: Same as JBU tuition, room & board, plus airfare; 50% of JBU institutional aid applicable
Housing: Share a dorm room with three European roomates
- Select five LCC courses from the course offerings. See this page for a listing of courses offered, by department. The departments are Business, English, General Studies, Lithuanian Studies, Social Sciences and Psychology, and Theology.
- IDS/SOC 330 Cross-Cultural Seminar is a mandatory course for all Study Abroad students at LCC.
- Consult your academic advisor to determine how LCC courses transfer to JBU.
- You will receive Global Studies credit from JBU.
How to Apply:
1. Read the JBU International Travel Policy, which lists the forms and documentation needed to study abroad and provides a general overview of payment methods.
2. Complete the Undergraduate International Studies Application Packet.
3. Return the application and all documentation to International Programs Office.
4. Follow the steps on the Application Page of the Lithuania Christian College website. Please note the deadlines listed below.
The studies team leaders review all applications and will communicate with applicants accordingly.
Dates and Deadlines
February 1: Early acceptance deadline
March 15: application deadline
August 26–31: Orientation & travel in Lithuania
September 25–28: Weekend trip to Riga & Tallinn
October 25 – November 2: 1 week trip to St. Petersburg & Moscow
December 15–19: Final exams
September 15: Early acceptance deadline
October 15: Application deadline
January 6–11: Orientation & travel in Lithuania
March 7 – March 15: 1 week trip to St. Petersburg & Moscow
April 9 – 12: Weekend trip to Riga & Tallinn
April 27 – May 1: Final exams
May 3: Departure from Lithuania
For More Information, contact:
Dr. Ed Klotz
Professor of Intercultural Studies
John Brown University
Melissa Dea Stevenson
International Education Coordinator
John Brown University