Careers & Opportunities
Develop your Skills and Interests
John Brown University business administration graduates have had extensive and varied careers. The list below is by no means exhaustive, and provides just a sample of the possible areas students may enter:
- Graduate School
- Entrepreneurial work
- Advertising agencies
- Consulting firms
- General Management
- Purchasing Agents
- Governmental Agencies
- Import/Export for private companies
- Insurance Companies
- Participate in the annual Governor’s Cup Competition
- Get involved in ENACTUS and develop outreach projects that improve the quality of life for people locally and around the globe
- Develop marketing plans for actual clients
- Gain real-world experience by interning at local Fortune 500 companies
- Apply to the Leaders Scholars Institute and experience a four-year leadership program
Travel abroad with JBU for unique exposure to the world’s fastest growing economies. Meet with Chinese business leaders or Brazilian financial experts to learn international business strategies for success in a global economy.
Five Reasons Why Other Majors Should Minor in Business Administration:
- Many students want to start their own business or do freelance work after graduation. In the business minor, students learn how to write successful marketing plans, create income statements and balance sheets, and how to conduct ethical business practices.
- Business skills are versatile and transferable. The processes you learn in business classes can be used in your personal life, your own business or even in the corporate world.
- There are many opportunities to work on a team. Group projects are popular in the business program, which allows student the chance to work with many different people. Through this, students realize their strengths, improve their weaknesses and gain experience working with people they may or may not know.
- There are many opportunities to network with like-minded people. Through ENACTUS, the classes in the minor and the professors you encounter, you have a chance to meet people who are innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Specifically for Art Majors: Marketing and business plans need graphics: loyalty cards, brochures, display boards, logos and t-shirts. Business majors love having artists on their team to turn their design ideas into real, physical promotional pieces that can be used for the presentation and possibly in real life.