- Students in the program will study wind, solar and biomass energy. They will also gain practical experience in designing, constructing and monitoring renewable energy systems.
- Depending on the option pursued, the senior capstone project will allow students to work directly with local and international organizations doing research, energy assessments and system design.
- In 2012, students designed and built rapidly deployable emergency shelters for the Shelter Design Competition at JBU.
- Renewable energy students help JBU remain sustainable by converting the kitchen grease to biodiesel for powering lawnmowers.
- The brand new Balzer Technology Building contains labs, construction space and design areas all for student usage.