For specific course requirements and detailed class descriptions, visit the current JBU Catalog.
JBU offer's some of the nation's best instruction on music theory, music history and aural analysis, what JBU Music labels the "pre-performance" aspects of music. Read more about our outstanding "pre-performance" program here.
Sample Degree Plans
Bachelor of Science in Worship Arts Concentrations
- Instrument (Fall even - year start, Fall odd - year start)
- Piano/Organ (Fall even - year start, Fall odd - year start)
- Voice (Fall even - year start, Fall odd - year start)
What Can I Expect?
- Complete Music Department audition process and be admitted into the degree program.
- Participate in an ensemble each semester
- Attend various recitals on and off campus
- Complete an internship and senior worship presentation
- Complete music courses including:
- 4 semesters of private lessons (piano, voice, or instrument)
- 4 semesters of piano (class or applied)
- 3 semesters of music theory
- 2 musicianship (ear training)
- 2 semesters of music history and literature
- Complete Worship Arts courses including:
- Worship Arts 1 and 2: Orientation and Methods
- Biblical Theology of Worship
- Audio Technology
- Contemporary Theory
- Complete the University Core curriculum (various courses in the liberal arts, Biblical studies, math and sciences, etc…)