There are many opportunities to perform and enhance your musical skills at John Brown University.
- Cathedral Choir - Enhance your music skills by singing with JBU's nationally acclaimed Cathedral Choir.
- Red Steps - Go on tour with the Red Steps worship band.
- Women's Chorus - University Women's Chorus is an audition-only choir for women who love to sing, but who may not prefer to be in a touring ensemble.
- Jazz/Pop Ensemble - Cheer on the Golden Eagles athletic teams at home games by playing in the jazz/pop ensemble.
- Instrumental Ensemble - The Instrumental Ensemble consists of chamber groups of varying instrumentations and sizes.
- Music Theater Workshop - If you love singing and acting, then the JBU music theater workshop is just for you.
- Recitals - Music students are given the opportunity to showcase their talents in a solo recital during their Junior and Senior years.
Before students get the stage, they must learn the basic elements of music theory, ear training, and music history. This is commonly referred to as pre-performance. Historically, JBU music students have excelled on national standardized tests in the areas of pre-performance.
Read more about pre-performance here.