JBU Celebrates Homecoming Weekend 2013: Built to Last
SILOAM SPRINGS, Ark. (October 1, 2013) - John Brown University welcomes hundreds of alumni, friends and family to campus Oct. 4-5 for a weekend of Homecoming celebrations and activities. Events begin Friday morning with registration at 9 a.m.
Friday, Oct. 4
- Alumni Chapel: 11 a.m. in the Cathedral of the Ozarks. Guest speaker - John E. Brown III, president emeritus
- Scholarship Recognition Dinner: 5:30 p.m. in Simmons Great Hall (by invitation only)
- 2012-13 Conference Championship Banner Raising: 7:30 p.m. followed by Men’s Basketball game between the JBU current team vs. Former Team Players
- Student Play, “A Murder is Announced”: 7:30 p.m. in the Berry Performing Arts Center. Tickets are required and can be purchased at jbu.edu/tickets or by calling (479) 524-7382
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Ultimate Disc Match: 10:30 a.m.
- Legends Soccer Game and Rugby Match: 11 a.m.
- Golden Eagles Women’s and Men’s Soccer vs. Southwestern Christian University: 1 and 3 p.m.
- Student Play, “A Murder is Announced”: 2 p.m. in the BPAC
- Showcase Dinner and Alumni Awards: 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. in Simmons Great Hall. Tickets are $18 and must be purchased in advance
- Student & Young Alumni Showcase Performance: 7 p.m. in the Cathedral of the Ozarks
- Homecoming Finale Reception: 8:30 – 10 p.m. in the Walker Student Center
John Brown University is a private Christian university, ranked No. 2 overall and No. 1 Best Value among Southern regional colleges by U.S. News and World Report. JBU enrolls more than 2,500 students from 42 states and 44 countries in its traditional undergraduate, graduate, degree completion and concurrent education programs. JBU is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and a founding member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.