Drugs, alcohol blamed for U of A death

(October 5, 2004) - FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Fayetteville police say a University of Arkansas fraternity member died over the weekend in what appears to be an alcohol and drug overdose. Twenty-year-old Bradley Barrett Kemp died Saturday after police responded to an emergency call to his home near the university campus. Police said Monday that Kemp, who is originally from McGehee, had consumed several beers and that he also had taken hydrocodone - a medication that was prescribed as a cough suppressant, because he had been feeling sick. A fraternity brother told police that Kemp drank about 12 beers during the night had taken the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and possibly smoked marijuana during the night and had used another illicit drug.