John Brown University Celebrates 90th Birthday

Siloam Springs, Ark. (September 29, 2009) — On Sept. 29, 1919 Southwestern College Institute held class for the first time. The school, renamed John Brown University in 1920, opened the door of its only building to 70 students and a handful of teachers. Today more than 17,000 alumni have dispersed around the world, and more than 2,000 students currently attend JBU.