Spring 2016 Registration Procedures
4 Steps of Registration
- Pre-Register through EagleNET (See Procedures Item 1)
- Meet with Advisor to plan schedule (See Procedures Item 2)
- Plan your new schedule & have courses approved by advisor (See Procedure Item 3)
- Register online for Spring 2016 courses (See Procedure Item 4 for instructions and dates)
- Beginning October 21, you will be able to login to EagleNET, click on your Notifications and follow the link to Pre-Registration. You must complete this in its entirety and submit it online. Failure to complete and submit this pre-registration will result in your NOT being able to register online for your classes during your registration time window.
- Meet with your academic advisor and select classes beginning October 21, 2015.
- Using the Academic Planning module on Eaglenet, set up your schedule and have your advisor approve your courses. PLAN & SCHEDULE. Courses must be approved before you can officially register.
- Register online during your assigned time period using the Academic Planning Module on Eaglenet.
Students will register for their Spring 2016 classes as follows:
- Seniors (minimum of 90 completed* hours as of October 23) Nov 2 - Nov 6
- Juniors (60 – 89 completed* hours as of October 23) Nov 5 - Nov 10
- Sophomores (30 – 59 completed* hours as of October 23) Nov 9 - Nov 13
- Freshmen (0 – 29 completed* hours as of October 23) Nov 11 - Nov 16
*Completed hours DO NOT include classes in which you are currently enrolled. Each respective registration period begins at 7:30am on the first day and runs 24 hours a day until midnight on the final day. Students will be unable to register online before their time period opens or after their time period closes.
ONLINE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Academic Planning and Registration
- View Progress, Plan you Degree and Register
- Use "Register Now" feature on your Course Plan page
If you are having problems registering for a class due to prerequisite problems, class closed, etc., you may email the Registrar’s Office staff, and we will be glad to help you. (Becky Lambert – email@example.com, Sarah Philpot– firstname.lastname@example.org; Julie McGarrah – email@example.com, Sue Daugherty – firstname.lastname@example.org; Kristy Keith -- email@example.com; Crystal Harms -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to Remember
- Be sure that your account is not on hold from any departments (Student Accounts, Nurse, Student Development, etc) before your registration time. These holds will block your account and will delay your registration until they are cleared.
- Spring 2016 schedule ( http://www.jbu.edu/academics/CourseSchedules/ )is available on EagleNET October 14 and will be updated regularly.
- Advising begins Wednesday, October 21, but you cannot register until your registration period allows you to access the system online. The hours you are taking Fall 2015 do not impact your time window. It is the total number of completed hours you have as of October 23 and not at the end of this semester.
- You must complete the online Pre-Registration through EagleNET before you can register for classes.
- You must have permission (via an email to the Registrar's Office) from the instructor of the course to take a course without having taken pre-requisites.
- Carefully choose the proper sections of your classes.
- Notice any classes which have Labs. They require two separate registrations - one for the lecture and one for the lab.