Student Accounts Services
Student Accounting Services (Bursar's Office) manages refunding and collections of Student Accounts. Cashiering services for university funds is managed by the Bursar's Office.
- Online Payments: Card payments for tuition and fees will incur a service fee billed by Official Payments, JBU's e-commerce provider. The 2.5% service fee applies only to card payments. JBU offers a no-cost electronic check option as an online alternative. Traditional paper checks or money orders may be mailed to the University Cashier. Cash is also accepted as an in-person transaction at the Cashier window.
- Student Financial Account: Review your e-statement online through EagleNet. Charges, account details, and anticipated financial aid are shown. (Note that potential workstudy earnings will not show here). Please review your account regularly and make timely payments. Contact your Student Accounts Representative with any questions or concerns. Paper statements will not be mailed to current students.
- Pay on Account Options:
- PAY IN FULL Pay your expected account balance (less anticipated financial aid & workstudy earnings) in full five days prior to the start of the term
- PAYMENT PLAN Pay 20% five days prior to the start of the term then you will automatically be enrolled in a payment plan after the 2nd week of the term. A $50 payment plan fee will be added to your account at that time.
Refunds of Credit BalancesIf you expect a refund of excess financial aid, complete the Banking Info link on your EagleNet Student Account. Refunds are paid by e-check (Direct Deposit) to your bank account. Confirmation of e-check payment will be emailed immediately to you when the electronic payment is sent to the designated bank.
- FERPA: Complete the FERPA Third Party Release if you authorize the Student Accounts staff to discuss your student financial account details with your parent or other third party. Submit the completed release form to your Student Accounts Representative.